It’s Always a treat to introduce new talent to the audience at large, and we’ve done a lot of it here. Some of these names have gone on to make waves, some of them disappeared shortly after appearing on Indy In-Tune. I don’t take any credit for either of those. Kiefer and David from this week’s show have a really neat sound to them, which I would be tempted to generalize as John Mayer meets Eminem, except that this would also show how, while I consider myself on a expert in the music of the seven-county area, I know almost nothing about current music outside of Indianapolis. In fact, have I ever even heard a John Mayer album? Or am I only familiar with his music from people covering it on open mic night?
That said, I really do like what these guys are putting out. Good, solid songwriting and lyrics, with a bit of edginess. If we can get some production behind them (come on Azmyth), then I think they might be on to something, assuming they can find a venue to call home. The other problem with doing something just a bit different is that you tend to be real lonely.
Links referenced in the show:
- Kiefer Jones and David Lee can be found here: Facebook | YouTube
- In the co-host slot is Irish from the Sound Check with Irish, Tuesdays from 8 to midnight on Indy In-Tune Radio.
- David Lee was previously on Show #116 with the band Vessel.
- Kiefer Jones was previously in Austin and Biloxi with the Air Force.
- Their three-song EP is available for $2, contact the band to get your copy.
- Put the movie Baseketball on your “to watch” list if you haven’t seen it.
- David hails from the Fountain Square area of town, back it it wasn’t exactly the hipster heaven it is today.